Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is the video game Spore a good buy considering my standards?

I've been getting really exited about the new game Spore. It seemed pretty cool. Then I started reading reviews about the game and it seemed a lot of people thought it wasn't all it appeared to be. Though most agreed it was good for creative people. I consider myself fairly creative and view the game play as secondary. What I'd like to know is is this video game good for someone like me with these standards. An answer form someone who has played Spore is extremely preferable.Is the video game Spore a good buy considering my standards?
In short, yes, the game is good whether you are creative or not.



In a bit more detail... there's five parts to the game:



Cell, which is basically a mini game, very little customization, but simple fun. You either eat other creatures and floating meaty bits, or eat plant life depending on your choice at the start.



Creature, which is arguably one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. It's short, but this is the main part of the game where you can change the way your creature evolves. You can either run around killing stuff, or socialize with the other creatures to get past this stage.



Tribal, which is simple real time strategy game. You control several of your creatures to either do battle with other tribes (of different creatures) or to impress them enough that they become your allies. You can customize the clothing of your creature during this stage.



Civilization, which again, is real time strategy but a little different. You control land, sea and air vehicles (which you can develop and customize), in an effort to either destroy, buy or convert the other sides on the planet. You can also customize the buildings in your cities and further customize the clothes on your creatures.



Space, which is the largest and most detailed part of the game. Everything (except your creature) can be further customized here, like clothes, vehicles, etc. You also develop your own space vehicle which is used to fly from planet to planet, interacting with other species around the galaxy.



It's a good game, you can make a massive variety of creatures with very little limitations, and I'm sure eventually there will be mods of some sort to bypass these. But til then, there's plenty to do.



Now up until now I've been pointing out the good parts, but I thought I should point out a few flaws just so you know exactly what to expect.



First, don't expect the game to be as good as it was hyped up to be, it isn't. While it is a good quality game, there's still a lot that could be improved (such as extending the creature, tribe and civ stages).



Second, the cell, tribal and civ stages are very short and incredibly simple in terms of game play. While the creature stage is short, it can be dragged out through the collection of parts and achievements, making it a fair bit longer than the three stages listed above.



Third, while the space stage is the largest and most detailed part of the game, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. While the other species have multiple ships in their service across all their planets, your species has... one. You. Sure, you can recruit more ships to follow you around as you gain ranks, but it's limited. As your empire grows larger, it sometimes becomes frustrating having to maintain your empire, whether it be defending them from pirates or saving them from an eco disaster.



All in all, if you're not -too- concerned about the game play (which is more than passable), you can spend hours on end experimenting with your creatures, while having a good time doing it.



Cheers.
rdeedfrey (the Answerer above me) hit the nail on the head and deserves Best Answer.



There are pros and cons for Spore, just as there is for any video game. True, the game was over-hyped (though that does not equate a 'bad game'). Taken for what it is, however, Spore is an enjoyable game full of promise. You can guarantee that many of its shortcomings will be remedied in future expansion packs. Plus, it is apparent that the developers have their ears to the forums, because quite of few of the biggest frustrations (many of which occur during the Space Stage) have been fixed in the first (speedily-released) patch for the game.



In short, if you focus on how Spore fell short, you will tend to see the game as 'bad.' If, however, you see the game as a creative outlet, you will no doubt see it as an enjoyable game that allows you to propel your creatures from a microscopic organism to the undisputed rulers of the Universe.Is the video game Spore a good buy considering my standards?
I'd have to say that both people are correct. the people who say it wasnt as good and the people who said it was. i say this because th people who liked it were fans of it from the beginning and simply looked over it's flaws as the people who were unsure played it just to look at what was wrong with it. if you were to get the game, you'ld probably benefit from looking at the hype as opposed to the negatives so you can sway your opinion to getting it. in my opinion, it is a great game, with great ideas, just portrayed as some people did and some did not approve of.
I bought it over the weekend after my boyfriend hyped it up (and another online friend said he bought it and loved it).



I got bored very easily. I didn't even make it past the civilization stage, I was so bored with it. I'm actually a bit ticked I spent $50 bucks on it.



About me and the games I like: I love simulation games, I love the Sims, I used to create objects for the game and all that jazz. I love building stuff in games, I love all the theme style games (Theme Hospital, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc).



I just didn't enjoy Spore all that much... I don't know what else to say. Hope that helps.Is the video game Spore a good buy considering my standards?


I'm sure this will be helpfull.



http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v鈥?/a>
http://yobeta.com
  • augsburg college
  • cheap flights
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment