Friday, March 9, 2012

How do I start everything over on Spore?

I don't really want to lose any of the things I unlocked such as access to ship creator, and creature creator. But I destroyed every planet in Sol, and when I played on another planet, I found out that Sol was destroyed in my game, not just an individual planet. I have an account on Spore, but I don't want to uninstall it, because then i'll lose all my creations and everything.



So how do I just start over? also, will mods still work?How do I start everything over on Spore?
I imagine you might be in the position of having to start over again.



I had that happen - as a result of some nasty bug that kept cropping up with one of the earliest versions of the game.



I had one race that I worked to get to space and really worked them over to be quite a powerful race, visiting the core, visiting Earth, I even managed to barely make friends with the Grox (ok .... We're not exactly "friendly", but it's as friendly as the Grox ever get I suspect ,which is to say they don't shoot at me quite so vigorously), but I did nothing particularly evil.



At some point after this "Race #1" was highly advanced, I backed up my save-game data and my entire galaxy - at that point - before I did anything particularly evil or stupid had occurred other than any mistakes I'd made during my development of Race #1.



The next step is to save your games in an alternate directory to "preserve" history, at a certain point in time.



XP : C:\Documents and Settings\%26lt;userid%26gt;\Application Data\SPORE\Games\Game0



Vista : C:\Users\%26lt;userid%26gt;\AppData\Roaming\SPORE



Unfortunately I don't know what the path reference for Windows 7 is.



But the point is that if there are any serious concerns in a particular timeline - say - a careless race destroyed Earth on a whim or misfiled paperwork or some such, I would be able to go to back to the point in time where my original race was, but I would have lost ALL the intervening "history" of my galaxy, but it allows you to slowly "correct" history - ensuring that some things never occur or always occur.



One of the few reasonable episodes from the old Voyager series, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqctGJF6鈥?/a>



In a way...I REALLY don't play Spore the way normal people do. I find myself seriously identifying with Capt. Annorex.



In that way the only sneaky thing I have become accustomed to is, when I want to start another race up , I will sometimes have my ship from my first Type 2 civilization find the new star-faring civilization and help them.



Basically have Race #1 assist getting a foothold in the galaxy of new Race #2 - say - find a juicy system with a variety of planets near Race #2's home-world, terraform the first couple of colonies - for them -and let Race #2 have the spoils.



This has a serious "counter-indication" / or downside, which is that the other local races typically ALL start out at "newbie" level, as well as your Race #2, if you gift them with just one or two worlds (T3, with all the trimmings), the other races scramble to catch up, naturally - since this can post quite a problem.



With Race #2's "neighbors" colonizing as fast as they can, I recommend getting a few systems close in with a variety of spices, that have the best mix of all of the spices, and then let the neighbors have the rest - for the moment) Don't get overly generous towards Race #2, they still have to learn to terraform and do the basics but it DEFINITELY speeds the process up when you do it right.



Think of it - a little bit like a Type 0 Civilization being helped by a Type 2 civilization.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cF4p_pMf鈥?/a>



As far as starting things over from square one - well, I think there are some people who make it out to be a heck of alot more romantic than it actually is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKDkxByrD鈥?/a>How do I start everything over on Spore?
You have to delete you save data

No comments:

Post a Comment